Can you escape France?
How far did people go to win back their freedom? Join The Frontline Walk: Pyrenees Escape Route to find out.
Stretching from Southwestern France into Spain, we’ll retrace the escape route of Allied servicemen and Jewish refugees on an epic four-day trek through the Pyrenees.
As we follow their path, our guides will bring the escapees’ exploits to life. You’ll hear stories of the exceptional individuals who risked it all to make it across the border, leaving everything behind. And you’ll also learn of the local people – the “passeurs” – who helped them on their journey.
But this trip isn’t for the faint-hearted. We’ll take on towering trails that climb to 2,367m, with sprawling vistas stretching out as far as the eye can see. And whilst the terrain may be tough, nothing can compare to the journey taken by those brave souls all those years ago.
This is an eye-opening adventure in more ways than one.
- Transfers during the event
- Accommodation throughout (for more information on what type, please see the route)
- All meals and snacks, except breakfast and lunch on day 1 and lunch and dinner on day 6 (travelling days)
- Historical briefings
- Experienced tour guides and support crew
- A full bespoke training guide
- Discounts on equipment from Cotswold Outdoor
- Frontline Walk t-shirt and finishers medal
- Charity point of contact with regular newsletters and comms until the event
Where is it?
When is it?
10 - 16 September 2024
How much is it?
Registration fee: £150
Fundraising target: £1,850